Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The day I doubled the two. ;O)

Today was awkward. Definitely awkward.

Well we had a birthday going on today at the office. But it wasn't for me, well obviously. Since nobody knows about the day I was born and for I was just an intern in my department, haha. But for some reason, I just wished that they didn't know about it. At least not today. And I should have wished that last night; but I didn't. So this was when the Birthday Boy asked me this:

"Hamizah san, so when it's your birthday?" His name is Wee, BTW.

And mind you people; he questioned me that while he was cutting his 30th birthday cake. And for every attention he was having, suddenly it was all over me.

Holy moly. I think I just got the worst nervous attack, ever.

... and you betcha, betcha. I paused for 16 secs. 
'Cause I thought, really, how many times exactly that people would ask you about your birthday which is on the very same day? 

Hohh, it's actually once. Well, that's how many times. You wouldn't wish more than that, do you?

So just before the last second; I answered them, with the red face on.
I said, "Oh, it's today."

Dear God, I could have just answered March 10, but that won't make it sound any less obvious. And no one, yes nobody, would think that date was yesterday or tomorrow. For today is today and too bad they were all having the same Gregorian calendar. And apparently it was March 10 today.

One dumb blonde moment passed.

Yeahh, it wasn't just me who paused. They paused too. And when the time's up, they all gave me the same look. That no-wayyyy-look, just the way I hated it. Truthfully, birthdays are not meant to make people guilty. It should never work that way, believe me. 

So the very next thing I know, there I was, standing next to him, pretending half of the cake was mine and yes, they did the singing for one more round but for me this time. How awesomely awkward was that.

It's a big lie if I said I didn't notice that I'm gonna double the two this month. But it's really true when I said I really forgot that it all happened last midnight. Perhaps I was too busy watching those Biggest Loosers transforming themselves that I didn't see it coming. Apologies for the late reply guys. So the morning of my birthday, I woke up and again I forgot what the day was. That's what happened when you got back from the Neverland. Pretty much XOD

All right, I've always wanted to say thank you to each one of you, but I hope those who would get to read this would take it personally. (Please do that, please ;O)

*Thank you for the wishes on my wall, texts, calls. Really surprised to get all that. Really made my day.

And special thanks to whom it may concern;
for the 18 unknown comments with 1 offline message left, mysteriously
Well nothing like that had ever happened before, so thank you for being the first one.
I was ridiculously happy to read all of that, really ;O)

and to the most wonderful persons that had brought me to life and never stop believing me; 
I think they really deserve special mention here:
My very own parents.
;O)))

and to my other three muskeeteers;
I love you guys, a lot, I do.
and I'll make you all proud, insya Allah.
I will, I would want to.
So may God Bless all of you, forever and ever. Ameen. ;O)

Ahh, this is never enough.
So again and again, thank you people.
THANK YOUs!

OX
Rj ;O,

5 commentary(ies) ;O):

Anonymous March 11, 2010 at 4:10 PM  

18? plus 1..really?

RJ March 11, 2010 at 7:41 PM  

Haha, yerp, no kidding. Or was it error? *gulp*

Anonymous March 12, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

I didn't count but i was about to continue on ur february post..i was afraid that u'll be annoyed with it

Anonymous March 12, 2010 at 8:35 AM  

btw, the skydiving picture is awesome :OB

RJ March 15, 2010 at 10:21 PM  

Anonymous;
Oh, you were about to what? Haha! Yes, then you should be afraid ;OD

The photo? I know righttt? Haha, so it's gonna be up there for about some time, hope you don't mind. ;O)