Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sciencesational ;O)

One paper is done (I hope that one went well, insya Allah ;O) and another four, coming. I was noted that one of the lecture notes went missing. Hmm, now I'm thinking twice to reprint it. But it's too much to write and ohh I don't think I'm gonna be able to draw all the internal complex structures of the machines. Haha. Maybe, maybe I should get a copy from my friends. I forgot that photocopy machines do exist. LOL. XD

Yes, I know I should be busy with the revision, but I can't help not to write. Don't mean to blame the weather, as it's raining now, just that the thoughts of writing just keep flowing like wooshhh. ;O) So where should I begin?

Anyway, a reminder guys, I'm gonna jump here and there a lot in this post. So, I need you guys to catch up faster this time. ;OP

*Oh my, suddenly, the lightheadedness came out of nowhere. It's alright, I'll just keep writing. >_<

Okay, okay, I've come across some trivia recently and I believe some of you might have known this long ago. But I just like to dedicate some of these sciencesational do-you-knows to those who don't. Well, they are these:

*THE ONES WITH THE ANIMALS*
1| Snails can sleep for 3 years without eating.
Thank goodness, I'm not one. XD

2| A cockroach can live several weeks with its head cut off - it dies from starvation!
Hoho, what a real survivor! Danggg. >_<

3| Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand!

4| Most lipstick contains fish scales!
I gotta let my good friend know about this. She hates fish! XP

5| Over 10,000 birds a year die from smashing into windows!
(Ouffh, pity birds! (-_-")

6| The average person has over 1,460 dreams a year!
Okay, that means, I dream 4 times a day? What a dreamer!

7| The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'!
Haha, the original name sounds weird.

8| A duck's quack doesn't echo. No one knows why.
Tania, this is for you. Echo isn't really your thing. XD

9| A rhinoceros' horn is made of compacted hair.

10| An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.

11| Hummingbirds can't walk.

12| Crocodiles swallow stones to help them dive deeper.
And yet they still starve! Haha!
===

*THE ONES YOU CAN DOUBLE-CHECK!* ;O)
13| No piece of normal-size paper can be folded in half more than seven times.
Haha, I tried to prove this wrong. I even experimented it with just one layer of soft tissue, but I still couldn't beat the number! Arghhh. >_<

14| Smelling bananas and/or green apples (smelling, not eating) can help you lose weight!

15 Skepticisms is the longest word that alternates hands when typing!
IDK if it's the longest, but my hands definitely alternate!

16| The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!
TRUE!

17| The sentence "The quick brown fox jumps over a lazy dog." uses every letter of the alphabet!

18| A walla-walla scene is one where extras pretend to be talking in the background -- when they say "walla-walla" it looks like they are actually talking.
Witty~*

19| By raising your legs slowly and laying on your back, you can't sink in quicksand.
I somehow don't recommend you to do this!

20| Months that begin on a Sunday will always have a "Friday the 13th."
===

*THE ONES WITH THE OOO-MOMENT* ;OP
21| Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors.
I wonder if he had his own salon back then. :OP

22| Astronauts are not allowed to eat beans before they go into space because passing wind in a spacesuit damages them.
So it's really a 'disaster', even up there!

23| Barbie's full name is Barbra Millicent Roberts.
Woahh, fancy!

24| There are no clocks in Las Vegas casinos.
Haha, genius!

25| The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

26| The screwdriver was invented before the screw.

27| The lifespan of a tastebud is ten days.

28| Most Americans' car horns beep in the key of F.
The F-key and the F-word. LOL.

29| Iceland consume more Coca-Cola per capita than in other nation.
Angah, this is where you belong. ;OB

30| Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.

31| The Happy Birthday song is copyrighted.
but without the composer's name? Doesn't sound right.

All right, long enough!
Later!
AND GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR FINAL!

8 commentary(ies) ;O):

Anonymous November 13, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

Haha! funny cool facts. I like #24!

mooshy November 14, 2009 at 5:16 AM  

me too! =D

RJ November 14, 2009 at 7:36 AM  

me three! ;OD

Hey, guys, guys. I hate to admit, but I gotta say that vid conferencing was fun. XD

@shy: shy babe, stop asking herr bukan2! garrr! haha!

Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 9:45 AM  

we should probably do that again sometime! ;^)
nah, it's okay miss, i just know how to answer her right. kan mooshy? XP

RJ November 14, 2009 at 11:45 AM  

LOL! I thot that was once and for all, herr! Hahahahaha!

OK, I think I'm high now. These diagrams are just nutsss.

All right guys, I'm signing off!
*Four more to go*
;O)

fitt November 14, 2009 at 1:39 PM  

ive been ooo-ing reading this entry. huhu

Anonymous November 14, 2009 at 2:15 PM  

you have my sympathy. hahahaha! ;^P
come on, you can do it! just 4 what?
(bagi you pressured lagi)

btw i got my ticket ready!!! woho!
schnell, dezember!! XD

RJ November 14, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

@fitto: Haha, but now you're not anymore ;O)

@herr: Cheescake you. Hoho, he who laughs first, laugh last~* Ohh God, I do not want December to come! ;OP